View information of tenders posted by The Golden Age Home
To provide holistic assisted and independent living with excellent medical, social and spiritual support services in an environment of partnership with all stakeholders.
Service is our passion and we cannot do it without you. Help today, your donation is appreciated.
You may make contributions to NCB. Crossroads branch Account No. 234757954
The Golden Age Home
3 St. Joseph's Avenue Kingston 03 Telephone: 1(876) 928-1017 1(876) 928-4312 1(876) 618-0021
Persons who have identified individuals who they consider to be destitute and in need of assisted living services must follow the procedures outlined below:
1. Visit The Poor Relief Department at 65 Hanover Street, Kingston.
2. The Poor Relief Department (through the assistance of their Social Work Team) will conduct an assessment/investigation of the individual's situation and make a determination on whether they fit the category of being destitute.
3. If the individual is considered to be destitute and is from the Parish of Kingston and St. Andrew then contact will be made with the GAH to determine if there is an available bed space that is suitable (based on the gender and medical status) for this individual.
4. If there is an available bed space, then a referral will be made for them to come to the Golden Age Home. If a Bedspace is not available, then they will be placed on a waiting list until a bed becomes available.
5. The Referral Document from the Poor Relief Department along with the individual's Medical Report must be submitted upon admission, to facilitate completion of the Registration Process and assignment of Bed Space
6. All other information regarding accommodations and relevant protocols at the GAH will be provided by our Nursing Team and Social Worker upon admission.
Items persons are allowed to take with them upon admission to the Golden Age Home
·Personal Clothing and Shoes
·A wash basin that can hold under the bed assigned
·A table fan (if the room is not fitted with any)
· A bowl, plate and cup all in plastic and a regular metal spoon
·A snack container (not to store cook food, only snacks)
·Fitted and Flat sheets for a single bed and a pillow
Items persons are NOT allowed to take with them upon admission to the Golden Age Home
·Hot Plate . Scissors . Kettle
·Microwave . Screw Drivers . Razor
. Clothes Iron . Ice Pick . Pets
. Refrigerator . Furniture . Lighters and Matches
. Television . Knives and other Sharp Instruments
Visitors are allowed during the following periods from Sunday to Saturday:
10:00am - 12:00noon
4:30pm - 7:00pm
Visitors are to ensure that they take proper identification at all times and present it to the Security Personnel as well as log their name in the Visitors Book at the Security Booth, in order to gain access to the facility.
All visitors shall enter the Cluster though the main entrance and go directly to the staff room and identify himself/ herself. They will also be required to sign their name and record their contact number in the Visitors Book on the Cluster after which they will be escorted to the Resident.
Visitors are not allowed to do teh following while visiting at the facility:
2.Give Residents or staff marijuana or other illegal drugs
3.Carry weapons on the premises
4.Remove company property from the facility
5.Drink alcohol or engage residents in the drinking of alcoholic beverages
6. Hurl threats or behave in an aggressive manner, display violent behaviour, harass, assault or discriminate against any resident or to act any similar manner while on their visit at the facility. Such occurrences shall result in the visitor being asked immediately to leave the premises and shall prevent any future visits to the facility.